As part of Brighton and Hove’s Big Dig event, celebrating urban food growing in community gardens, Dyke Road Community Garden will be buzzing with activity on Saturday 21st September from 12pm to 4pm and we would like to invite you along. It is an opportunity just to enjoy the garden space, find out some more information or to flex your muscles and get involved. We will be:
– turning compost.
– spreading bark chippings.
– creating structures to hang seed pods from.
– making salad dressings and flavouring them with the garden herbs.
– spreading the word about the community compost scheme and giving out compost caddies.
– consulting about a possible extension to the garden (more details in a blog to come soon).
You may of course want to treat yourself to a little something from our cake stall. So come along and don’t miss out! We hope to see you there.